I’ve been pretty out of it since before last year ended. I was doing things but didn’t feel like it. I’m having a love-hate relationship with winter right now. Such a wonderful season, however, mood-wise, winters always bring out the lowest points in my life.
It’s not even that the events in my life just suck. They’re pretty great, actually. I would like to think I work hard to make sure my winters are more lively than I feel. But I wish I could feel as happy as the wonderful people around me. I forget this blog is here sometimes and I forget how amazing it is to just put my thoughts out there and have them exist. I guess it’s my way of reassuring myself that I’m actually here and not just waiting for life to pass me by. I do that a lot. I don’t really know why.
But just to kick start my whole blogging thing again (like I always do), here’s a list of the things that I’m doing in 2015 that make me happy:
- I’m using my calligraphy supplies! Not only am I using them, actually, but I have grown my tiny little bundle of markers and pens into inks, nibs, palettes, and piles on piles of paper. I’ve always loved seeing words on paper and I’ve pursued so many hobbies before. Why have I never attempted this? Calligraphy is exceptionally awesome, by the way. I find that it’s the absolute best hobby for me since I can just sit there and relax while practicing. I have a long way to go before I feel truly satisfied with my quality of work, but practice is progress!
- Nail stamping — This is just the most enjoyable thing there is. Did you know there was such a thing as nail stamping? I didn’t. It’s so fun! I started looking at the quick nail videos on Instagram and oh my goodness, nail stamping looks just like what I’ve always wanted. It’s a quick and easy way to get some nice nail art on my fingers. I’ll admit that lining up the image on the stamp with my fingers is highly frustrating, but the end results make up for it.
- I’m making gifts. I like receiving gifts, sure, but do you know what’s even more fun than receiving gifts? Giving them. That should be a shockingly obvious thing, but I always forget about it. I’m constantly trying to find reasons to make a nice gift for someone. It sure is hard to find a reason to give a gift to someone. Every day of the week should be a gift-giving day.
- I’m writing letters. Or rather, I will be writing letters. Did you know about More Love Letters? I didn’t. I’ve always loved the idea of writing letters. These days, everyone emails or texts. No one (that I know) writes letters anymore. Between writing the same message on a letter and texting it, a letter is so much more meaningful. People should write more letters. It doesn’t have to be a love letter. Just a letter.
- I’m blogging. Even as I’m writing this blog I’ve felt more relaxed and happy than I have since this entire year started. I’ve lacked all motivation to do anything to make myself actually feel happy about my life. Motivation is tough to gather, but sometimes it just takes a little push. I’m still looking for that push. This blog might just be it. In all the years I’ve had a blog, I thought about how blogging is likely the best part of my day and yet I always forget this on the days when I need to remember it most.
& I really hope this list isn’t complete yet. After all, it’s only February.